Monday, October 1, 2007

Hello!

I'm new to this whole bakey-bloggy thing but here goes.

I'm Shannon, Shannie to basically anyone I've known longer then a few years, and I love to eat. Specifically sweets, especially cupcakes.

This is my refrigerator
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I'm an organic baker-- food tastes better when it's organic, that's the long and short of it.

My profession is "seeking employment" currently-- my partner and I just moved across the country from Orlando, Florida to Corvallis, Oregon. He is getting his PHd in Conservation Biology/Botany at OSU. I graduated with my BA in English Lit and a love for cooking and baking.

All this free time has given me so many creative spurts as far as my baking goes... but the lack of funds for super high quality ingredients is lame. Not to mention that we don't even have an electric mixer of any kind currently.

We're getting married in December and hopefully I get lots of baking goodies off my registry. Otherwise I'll have to start splurging on myself.

I started a blog because I want to begin submitting recipes and pictures for cupcake round ups and all the fun stuff "daring bakers" do.

So here I am. Right now I'm focusing on Chockylit's cupcake round up. I'm also excited for Quirky Cupcakes' Cupcake Hero and I want to start getting involved with Daring Bakers... I'll have to get started!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

slush said...

Aww, I love the picture!

Nemmie said...

Gorgeous pic of the two of you! I'm also trying to break into this food blogging thing, will be sure to check in on you :)