Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Two in One For Ya...

My future hubby...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
[pictured here]

was craving Bread Pudding. I didn't have the time to be bothered with making an egg custard and slaving over a stove (bad wifey, I know). So I threw one together from a Blueberry & Coconut Coffee Cake I had made a few days before...

From This:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

To This:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In just a few simple steps...
(Recipe modified from this recipe here.)

2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 eggs
2 cups whipping cream
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon true vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Tear up coffee cake (or egg bread, or anything else you see fit-- I used a about 2/3 the loaf) and place into loaf pan. Pour melted butter over the cake.

Combine eggs, cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix well, but don't allow to thicken. Pour mixture over coffee cake crumbs (I sprinkled more coconut on the top at this point). Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until done.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Straight from the oven...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was incredible good, the custard-y parts were perfect!

We went to a mushroom festival this weekend (My fiance studies mycology) and I took some great pictures I'll post soon!

2 comments:

slush said...

Good God that looks good, and I dont even think I like bread pudding? Maybe I do!!!

shannie cakes said...

slush, thanks!
to tell you the truth i don't like bread pudding-- but i loved this. i picked off all the custard-y parts. not that i had much time to do much of that, ian had it eaten very quickly!