Friday, February 22, 2008

Just Checking In...

So...
I got the job at the bakery. I am now the weekend baker for Sunnyside Up I'm baking vegan and conventional goodies, but what ever-- I'm baking. It's super relaxed... we recycle AND have a compost bin. I can come in whenever... ie the middle of the night or the butt crack of dawn to do the bake (middle of the night for the win!). I shake my butt to whatever hippie dippie music is in the CD player and bake the night away... it's lovely really.

I'm keeping my other job and hoping that my weird hours at Sunnyside Up won't affect me at my retail job. We shall see.

In still other, and psedo-vegan related news. I have an appointment to meet with Ryan Mason of Scapegoat Tattoos (a vegan tattoo shop) for a consultation for my beer theme sleeve. Very excited about that.

Just so I don't leave you hanging without a picture....
Scott, of the Scottie-Boom-Bottie BBQ Tempeh sent me a picture of his successful attempt.
And because my wonderful cat refuses to leave me alone right now, a few of him...
My favorite picture from the road trip to Corvallis from Orlando. Fitzgerald sits like a person because he has no tail. It's adorable.
Incriminating evidence he does, in fact, love his baby sister.
I'll bring my camera tomorrow night and take some pictures of my Sunnyside Up Goodies!

4 comments:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Shanniecakes, kudos on the purchase of Yellow Rose! Your bakery gig sounds rad.

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Alright you got my dream job! You are the luckiest girl alive!

I only hope I get proposed to on the way to Moe's! Hahha that's awesome :)

(cup)caketastrophe said...

Hey. Rad site. I recently started a foody blog too. I've also been vegetarian since I can remember (about 10 or so). I wish I could be vegan :( Sometimes I think maybe if I lived in the US I could because there are so many cool substitutes for things. Boo to living in Australia! I'll definately keep checking in and add you to my links. :)

(cup)caketastrophe said...

Ooo well in that case in 4 years time do you want to smuggle me in say, like 300 boxes of reese's cups?? haha